Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day and Other Ramblings...

How was your Father's Day? Our was nice and relaxing. My parents were actually on a flight to Florida so we celebrated early and had a joint Mother's Day/Father's Day party for them a few weeks ago. For my hubby, I found this cute printable and interviewed my kids to fill them out. I wrote in the answers for my four year old, but my six year old did hers on her own. Needless to say, their daddy loved them!


The kids decided to wake up at 6 am for some reason so we had a big family snuggle for awhile because the rest of us weren't ready to get up yet! We had a quick workout at the gym while the kids were at my in-laws and my daughter had a birthday party after lunch so the "boys" hung out. Unfortunately, it didn't last too long because someone on the block started mowing their lawn and when he got close to the sidewalk, my son freaked out. We retreated inside for a round of Chutes and Ladders! :-)



In other news, the weather has been beautiful and the plants are flourishing! (This is how everything looked just under a month ago.) Check out these beauties!! The hydrangeas are breathtaking. I cut just one flower and brought it in over the weekend because they are too beautiful to only look at while I'm outside.


And the veggie garden is also doing great. Check out this forest of carrots. I think I may have planted them a little too close together...


I was worried about the cucumbers because they didn't seem to be growing too much, but there's finally a flower so I hope a cucumber isn't too far behind that.


The zucchinis are also sporting some big orange flowers. Of course it had to close up yesterday morning when I took the picture.


And the snap peas are climbing up the fence and have tons of white flowers. I actually added some trellises to help them grow up because they started wrapping their little vines around each other and getting all knotted up.


I know you are probably waiting to see an "after" of our front door, and don't think I've forgotten. I have painted a few coats, but it still needs a little more work and it's not ready for a reveal yet. But I love how it's coming out and even in its unfinished state I think it looks great, so stay tuned! What have you been up to lately?


Pin It

Linking up here:
Thrifty Decor Chick |

No comments:

Post a Comment