Thursday, May 24, 2012

Oreo Balls

The Jewish holiday of Shavuot is coming up and it is traditional to eat dairy foods over the festival. My sister found this great recipe and asked me to make it when she hosts the family for one of the meals.  I modified it a little, based on the reviews, and it was SO easy and came out great (shhh, don't tell her I tasted some one)! With only three ingredients, you can't go wrong.


Ingredients:
1 package Oreo cookies
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar

Instructions:
1. Put cookies in a bag and crush them into crumbs. It doesn't need to be as fine as flour, but there shouldn't be any big chunks.


2. Empty contents into a medium size bowl and add cream cheese.


3. Use an electric mixer to combine the cookie crumbs and cream cheese until it is evenly mixed.


4. Put the mixture in the fridge for an hour or so. (The original recipe said to put it in the freezer, but I found that it got too hard and I had to wait a while for it to soften up enough for me to work with.)


5. Put confectioner's sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll cookie mixture into one inch balls and roll it in the sugar. Place on a piece of parchment paper to harden.


6. Keep refrigerated. (Can be prepared in advance and then frozen.)

7. Try not to eat too many at once! If you make them, let me know how they come out.


Pin It

Linking up here:
DIY by Design | At the Picket Fence | Serenity Now | Home Stories A2Z | House of Hepworths |

3 comments:

  1. These look sooo yummy! I know my kids would gobble them up in a second! Thanks so much for joining in the under 300 followers blog hop!
    I am your newest follower~
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi lori.......really hungry now.....arhhh those look so yummy. under 300 blog hop... new follower. hope to see you soon..of to the shop now for a naughty treat..i am so weak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a great job on this article. It’s very readable and highly intelligent. You have even managed to make it understandable and easy to read. You have some real writing talent. Thank you. online stress balls to buy

    ReplyDelete