Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Check Out this Magazine

I went to get the mail the other day and this magazine caught my eye - it's Lowe's Creative Ideas for Home and Garden and it was full of amazing tips and ideas!
Here are a few that were my favorites: (Please excuse the quality of most of these images. I took them at night without a flash with my point and shoot instead of my dslr.)

This spread shows a makeover of an old desk into a bright, cheerful office space where it might actually fun to pay bills. (Okay, maybe not fun, but at least bearable.) It also included a clever idea for a paper sorter using a roof vent!






















I love this project idea for a magazine rack. All you need is one board of wood and some wood glue and screws and stain. See how modern, yet classy it looks.

























(Picture source and directions here.)

I have seen so many creative ways of making terrariums all over the web and pinterest, but this little dear is so cute and all you need to create the box is five 8"x10" clear acrylic sheets.



























This kitchen transformation is incredible. The basic layout stayed the same, but the L-shaped island was scaled down in size, allowing for a more open plan, as well as extra seating around it.




















Lowe's showcased this stunning living room that I absolutely love! It is basically a white neutral room, but with so many shades of it that it doesn't look flat at all. The way designer layered in so many different textures with pops of green (pears, plants, etc.), makes it a room that I want to cozy up in.























I was also amused to see a few different projects that some great bloggers have already created. There was a Hardware Monogram Wall Art project that Michelle at Decor and the Dog already showed us how to DIY.






























(Picture source and directions here.)

And a folding drying rack for the laundry room that Kate from Centsational Girl already created (and a nicer one, at it).
  (Picture source and directions here.)

 
These are just a handful of projects in the magazine. If you'd like to check them all out, you can subscribe here. Do you get the Lowe's Creative Ideas magazine? What is your favorite project in this issue?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention!! I do get the magazine. I don't generally tackle any of their projects but it's always fun to look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lowe's Creative Designs. There are always tons of ideas in there!
    Just stopping by from the Linky Party Hop. I hope you will visit www.laughterandgrace.com and follow back.

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete