Sunday, February 19, 2012

Asian Burgers

I tried out a new recipe the other night and everyone ate it! Woohoo! It's always hard to find a recipe that everyone likes so when I find one that they do, I know it's a keeper. And the bonus is that it's sooo easy! Try it and let me know what you think. (It's from a new cookbook called "Fresh and Easy Kosher Cooking" by Leah Schapira.)

Asian Burgers
1 lb. ground beef
3-4 tablespoons soy sauce (depending on how strong you want the flavor to be - I used 3 so it would be more mild for my kids)
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
3 tablespoons diced scallions (white and light green part only)
pinch of black pepper

1. Combine all ingredients and form into 4 large or 8 small patties. (I made 3 large and 2 small.)




2. Fry, grill, or broil for 5 minutes on the first side and 6-8 minutes on the second (adjust for smaller burgers).
3. Enjoy! (My daughter insisted on taking these pictures of her plate :-).

 
Instead of fries, I made rice to go with it as a side so it kind of goes with the Asian theme.




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment