Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pineapple Fruit Arrangement

My cousin recently had a baby boy and was hosting a open-house of sorts for family and friends to see the new cutie. I always hate going empty-handed to these types of events so I decided to make a nice fruit arrangement.

My brother-in-law was raving about this new gadget he got that "works like a corkscrew, helps you to core, peel, slice and cut a pineapple easily and quickly" and decided to give him a run for his money! Sure enough, this cool contraption worked its magic! I used the now-empty pineapple as a "container" and filled it with fresh blueberries and strawberries. I also saved the top of the pineapple and used toothpicks to stand it up on an angle.










































The actual rings of pineapple slices were placed surrounding the pineapple, covered with more berries.

Here you can get a better view of inside the pineapple and the toothpicks holding up the top. You can also see a cup of freshly-squeezed pineapple juice that you could drink if you like.










































Overall, I was quite pleased with how it came out. And it tasted good, too!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Fruit Arrangement

    ReplyDelete